“Suryamitra” is a residential program which is 100% funded by Govt. of India and implemented by NISE across the country. Under the “Make in India” initiative, the Government of India aims to achieve 100 GW of Solar Energy by 2022. Surya Mitra Program (SMP) is also a part of this initiative. For the year 2016-17, there are 192 Pan India Surya Mitra Institutes all over India, aiming to train eligible applicants in the solar sector. The course is jointly designed by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE). It is a 600 hours skill development program to generate skilled manpower in installation, commissioning, and Operation & Maintenance of solar power plants and equipment. MNRE has set a target of 50,000 “Suryamitras” of skilled manpower in solar energy sector in next 3 years. As on date more than 3,200 Suryamitra are trained under the program. The target for FY 2017-18 is to train 9,000 Suryamitras.
NISE has developed a GPS based Mobile app called Suryamitra mobile App which is currently available on Google play store, which can be downloaded and used across India. This App is a high end technology platform which can handle thousands of calls simultaneously and can efficiently monitor all visits of Suryamitras.
About the program
- SMP is a residential training program. Food and lodging will be provided to the candidates pursuing this program.
- Duration of the course is 600 hours, at the end of which an evaluation by SCGJ will be made.
- On completion, a certificate will be awarded by NISE titled Certified Suryamitra for Integrated PV Technician’s course.
- The program is a free training program by the NISE. Along with food and lodging within the NISE premises, a specified uniform will also be provided to the students.
- Upon completion of the course, the students will be eligible to be employed in the field of Solar Energy in both the areas i.e. Solar Components Manufacturing as well as Solar PV Projects. They may even start their own business in this sector.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant should have passed 10th
- The applicant should have an ITI in Electrician, Wireman, Mechanic, Electronics, Fitter or Sheet Metal.
- The Engineering Graduates and other overqualified applicants are not eligible for admission.
Procedure of Admission
- The course is named as ‘Surya Mitra PV Technician’. Eligible applicants can apply for the course before 15th March and the new batch would start 3rd April onwards.
- To apply, download the admission form from NISE’s official website. After filling the form, scan and attach it along with your resume in our e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Female candidates along with SC/ST/OBC quota will be given preference in the admission process.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of a personal interview to be held in the last week of March.
- The schedule for personal interview and the list of short-listed candidates can be downloaded and viewed from NISE’s website.
- The notice for admission and the application form can be downloaded from here